Monday, January 25, 2016

Forbidden fruit

I once made the mistake of “liking” a photo of a Pinay displaying her thigh on Facebook. It was just liking, but believe me, it was a subject to be discussed by my sweetheart. It seems when you are in a relationship, there is a boundary drawn on your dealings with the opposite sex. But where is the boundary, and who draws it?

Luckily, I have never had to fight for a girl or woman, physically. But I have seen people I know do it. Men fighting for a girl and women fighting for a man. I have always kept it back at the battle of lines or impressing. Unless you disrespect my girl in front of me, I wont clench my fist.

How does it start? You know they belong to someone else. And they know they belong to someone why drool at you? I have had a number of married women flirting with me while I was still an adolescent. Maybe they were just teasing. Sometimes its jokes. But there was this one from one of the islands of Lamu who practically fixed her looks on my eyes and led them down to her fruit to clearly suggest it. I understand she was having differences with her unfaithful husband who happened to be my friend but that was a line a could not cross. I turned my head left and right to reply her in the same sign language that she used. I couldn't do it to my friend, but principally even if her hubby was not my friend, married people are a great risk going for.

There was a stern looking dad whose daughter was in the same school with me. I used to tremble inside having a chitchat with the girl around the home area. One day she invited me in for bread and omelet. I wanted to seem a hero on the face, to impress her. But I wondered what would happen if his dad showed up to find me in his house? In love you have to take chances sometime.

In high school, during holidays, I went to knock on a door of a guy class higher than me to ask for him though he wasn't my friend. They lived in the same area. He wasn't around that day. He met me in boarding after holidays were over and warned me never to try that stunt again. He knew I went to familiarize myself with his younger sister who was on the same grade with me. He used to show me his fist every time we met in the dining hall or on the football field.

There was this neighbor, father of a very pretty girl who decided to draw the line himself. He sat me down and told me if he continues seeing me with his daughter he will forcefully marry her off to me. I was seventeen, the idea of marriage was scary back then. So I stayed as far away from the girl as possible.

I remember another dad who just gave me a stern look when he found out I had an escapade with his daughter. They were family friends. So out of respect, I decided to stay away. But after some few years I couldn't bring myself to a closure with this girl. We started flirting again and soon we were on regular secret beachcapades. How could I forget the first girl I kissed? She made it so easy on me while behind my confident face was fear of being discovered green. I didn't make it so long, but it surely was sweet. Confused at what the tongues were doing, but sweet. My first kiss ever. I liked this girl. She was a year older than me and she helped me with the baby steps of romance. I couldn't help but ogle when she was wearing a hipster. She had the body of a marmalade. But how long could we go on if her family wasn't ready to support our liking each other? It had to end sometime and I also got invited to her wedding.

I did go to the wedding. And she signaled me while dancing on stage smiling. I smiled back. I was happy for her. But she has became a forbidden fruit. They always seem surprised when I attend their wedding ceremonies. This was the second I attended of someone whom i was romantically involved with. The first thanked me when she saw pictures of me and her husband on her big day. And the third also said she couldn't believe it. It's supposed to be painful watching your exes take somebody else's hand, but I guess I didn't love that deep to feel it.

Anyway, communication with them had to cease. Lest i intended to break their homes. Forbidden are not only those who are married. When we know they are somebody's girlfriend or boyfriend, we should give out space. Wait for our chance if it will ever come, but not by praying for their break up. Interfering could be fun but think about when its someone doing the same to you. I had this distant cousin who couldn't stop seducing my girl. I introduced him to her and clearly said he was married the minute I saw him making moves. I didn't tell him at once that she was my girl but she told him later. But he couldn't leave her alone. I received reports. He was on her like a cheetah on a gazelle.

I didn't break the news to him or tried to stop him. I believed she could handle him since I trusted her. Unfortunately I had trusted the wrong person. I guess sub-consciously I left it because I had done something of the sort before. There was this girl of a relative who came to watch TV at our home with her school uniform. It brought out her sexy and ripe body. She was a black beauty and exuded allure. I think she was in form 3 but I wont mention the school. On her second visit I locked the door behind when she came asking for something. “Your magnet is causing a disturbance on my core. Hear me like a mature girl, I want you. I will treat you really good...” I said this with a cozy voice. And as my hand traveled her thigh, the bulge on my trouser presented itself to ashame me. She smiled as she opened the lock to exit and I couldn't hold her back.

Such are the results of liking people who are already involved. Some become successful in making them cheat, but as long they are not married yet, the guilt is minimal. Social media and chatting applications have made the flirting arena so wide and discreet and easy. Most of us do it everyday to pass time. We tell them the three magic words. And when they doubt we wake them up at midnight to make the words sound really romantic. Its a good thing that what we enjoy over the internet we leave it on the internet most of the time. They could be married. They could be same sex just playing a prank on you.

Ideally and morally, I have not and will not talk a married woman into something actionable. Neither will I talk a single girl into something actionable when I'm involved. I am very careful. I can't even plan a drink or have fun with any girl if I'm serious with one. It bothers my conscience. But flirting is my only weakness. We will have the fun talk but I will not do the sin walk. If you don't believe, try me. The idea of a forbidden fruit feels naughty. Many want to dare and taste the feeling of wildness. But only a few of us respect and know where the line is drawn.

So this sexy damsel comes back to me at a time when I'm in a serious committed relationship. The first time we met I also had a girlfriend. She is so social and talkative that she became a threat to my girl. One day my girlfriend broke it out to me that the so nice and stories girl has two daughters. This was supposed to reduce my fast speed towards her. Jealous girls would try funny things to stop their men from being taken away. Long after I broke up with my girlfriend, I had a dinner with her. I enjoyed her company. She was so fabulous and free in her talks. She hides a pair of very sexy eyes behind her glasses. And shes got the body of a spring chicken. No way anyone could guess she has two kids. She explained to me about her separation and many other stories. Its so embarrassing when I think of that day because she caught me snoozing. I guess I was tired from the hard day's work. When we said goodbye as I had to alight from the Matatu a stage before where she lived, she leaned and gave me a kiss after seeing the undecided look on my face. I smiled. Lucky me, all the forbidden fruits I have seen in my life are very hot girls. A week after that she couldn't avail herself when I suggested a date. And I remained silent the following weekend and the weekend after.

I don't know where she got my number but she was on my life again, after seven years. I informed her that I was in a serious relationship and she said she is also seeing the father of her kids casually. Phones are cheap and internet is much cheaper. We reminisced our time before and cached up. I became used to her three hour calls and late night chats convincing myself no line will be crossed. Communication is a very important thing in a relationship. And one of the worst things in a relationship is feeling lonely. My girl wasn't giving me time and attention this girl was giving me. And so we talked about every subject under the stars. I remember how yummy she was and couldn't stop hard core flirting. She was very agreeing and cleverly invited me to her place one day to enjoy ourselves. That was something I would never do. She tried talking me into it for long. This girl was cute and easy, while I was conservative. She said she has an oven. She told me stories of married men she has seen and how she helped them solidify their relationships with their wives. She only had physical fun with them but she was careful and always advised the men to stick to their wives. How noble she was. But I couldn't be enticed. I am a man of my principles. And we continued chatting without meeting. I had a feeling she wanted to have me and make a trophy out of our memory. It was still a taboo for anything happening between us.

Two hours after a chat with her one day, I received her call. But it wasn't her. A male voice saluted. I knew it was the BabaWatoto she was seeing. And so started the grilling. Who is she to you? Why would she talk to you private things I do with her? Where are you now? I held myself together and explained that she was a friend. Friend? Friends talk these things? After a long talk which he was giving me a lesson about Morals, he asked me to stay away from her. He was planning on getting back together with her. I told him to ask her lady to stop communicating with me, that would be easy. But it seemed he didn't want to give her any conditions. He had no say on her. He wanted me to stop and block her number. I wanted to remind him that they separated and she was not his wife anymore but I thought this would complicate matters more. After all, what claim do I have over her? At least he has daughters with her. After he hung up, I did exactly that. Deleted her phone number and blocked her on Whatsapp.

After some few hours the lady got me on Facebook and told me “he” had gone and we should continue our talks. But I said No. I told her things are complicated with her. “You and him have kids. And plans are in the pipeline for you two getting back together. I'm thinking about your kids and you. I will be insensitive if I say I don't care. I don't know if your plans will work out, but I don't want to be the one who will stop you two coming back together. I'm sorry. I'm wishing you all the best, I pray that your family forms again and I have to delete you on my Facebook list too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment